Saturday, September 26, 2009

Miniature - Pony Portrait

Miniature Pony Portrait
3" x 4" Watercolour on board


I am at a one day fall show tomorrow, so am really pressed for time and I just wanted to post the final miniature pony portrait I started earlier this week.

I'm sort of pleased with the result, my sticking point being the background. If I had to do it again, I think I would changed the colour to a lighter, more muted blue. It seems to be fighting with the pony for presence right now.

:-)

2 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

Those colors work great together. Wonderful job on the head. You caught the intelligence there in the eyes. Unbelievable that you can produce such terrific detail and technique on this tiny surface. The luster in the fur is soft enough to reach out and pet. OUTSTANDING! You should be very pleased indeed!

Leslie Hawes said...

Fantastic result! The background is just fine. Makes the area around the eye stand out.
And in watercolor. I am amazed. In awe.