Wednesday, October 15, 2008

On the Drawing Board

Two items to share today;

First, I'd like to extend my warmest congratulations to Tracy Hall, a wonderful watercolour artist who's work I greatly admire.
Tracy recently entered had a number of her outstanding miniatures into the annual exhibitions of the the Royal Society of Miniature Painters, Sculptors & Gravers and the Miniature Painters, Sculptors & Gravers Society of Washington, DC and was honored with well-deserved awards in both shows (multiple ones in the RSMPSG)!
Check out the full write up by Katherine Tyrell on her 'Making a Mark' blog, and don't forget to visit Tracy's site to view her amazing work.

Now for something a little closer to home....


Here's a look at my current painting in progress; a close up of a dilute calico kitty, which I will be calling "Calico Callie"
She's got the sweetest face, and I hope I can due justice to those lovely muted colors. Not just a regular black, orange and white calico, a dilute is a "watered downed" version of that mixture, namely creamy orange, soft grey and white. It is a lovely combination, so please check back tomorrow to view the finished piece!

No comments: